Latest News

Home / Latest News

4 Tips for Successful Christmas Parenting Arrangements

Whilst the fast-approaching Christmas holiday period should elicit feelings of joy and togetherness, it is common for...

A Guide to Independent Children’s Lawyers

Occasionally, in complex parenting proceedings a judge may order that an independent children's lawyer (ICL) be appointed.

De Facto Relationship FAQs

Though a de facto relationship status is not achieved by way of any formal ceremony as is with a marriage, couples in a de facto relationship are...

An Introduction to Court Ordered Counselling and Programs

It comes as no surprise that parenting matters cause an enormous amount of stress on litigating parties and their children for a multitude of reasons.

What is the Hague Convention?

The Hague Convention has been in effect since 1983 and is effectively a global treaty that provides for the recovery of children...

Everything You Need to Know About Affidavits

When bringing an application to commence proceedings in the newly formed Federal Circuit...

Divorce in Australia: The Facts

What is no-fault divorce? Thanks to section 48 of the Family Law Act of 1975, Australia operates what is known as  a ‘no-fault divorce’ system. 

What are the Risks of Self-Representation in the Family Court?

It’s no secret that going to court is expensive.  If you’re in a sticky financial situation and you don’t qualify for Legal Aid...

What is the difference between a Binding Financial Agreement and Consent Orders?

There are only two ways (that are legally binding and recognised

Who Can Be My Power Of Attorney?

What is an Enduring Power of Attorney and why would I need one? An Enduring Power of Attorney is a document that effectively gives control of aspects of

Parenting Orders Vs Parenting Plans

Parenting orders are orders made by the court concerning the parenting arrangements for children. Parenting orders deal with:

The Difference Between Family Court Consents and Binding Financial Agreements

A Binding Financial Agreement is a contract between couples that outlines the jurisdiction of the Family Court to make orders in relation to their property